Title tag is most important tag among all your website meta tags. It is a small line which is displayed in top of your browser window. Title tag is most important tag from search engines or SEO prospective as it tells what your page is about.
Search engines in there results also shows the title, on the basis of which search user click on the results. Here are few quick checks which you can apply to see weith your Title Tag is perfect or not
- Check the number of character used is between 65 to 70, including spaces.
- Check important keywords used in start of Title Tag.
- Check Company name if part of it be used in last of Title tag.
- Check you have not used the words e.g., and, if, but, then, etc
- Check Title tag is descriptive of the content on the page.
- Check it is not using duplicate keywords.
- Check it is not just a stuffing of keywords without any meaning.
- Check you have used the pipes | to separate important (keyword) phrases.
Finally make your Title tag for human not for search engine. It should be page related, content descriptive, short and not keyword stuffed
A title tag is THE MOST IMPORTANT SINGLE TAG in all Meta tags on the page. Do it yourself or take help of some meta tags optimization service company. You can also use the Meta Tag Analyzer to know more about this