Google adds Google+ Communities, same like those of Facebook groups, but more than those to provide engaging place for its users. From past communities like BBS, Discussion forums have been the standards for webmasters or end users to discuss, participate and solve the problems.
Google says that Google+ is growing as much as Facebook in terms of active users and if we combine all type of Google users, its much more than those of facebook users, may be Google is trying to bring all users at Google+, Vic Gundotra, Google’s senior VP of engineering announced on Official Google Blog post at Google which also says
Today Google+ is the fastest-growing network thingy ever. More than 500 million people have upgraded, 235 million are active across Google (+1’ing apps in Google Play, hanging out in Gmail, connecting with friends in Search…), and 135 million are active in just the stream.
So what it means for you as Google+ user and What’s so great about Google+ Communities
- You can create public or private communities
- Divide communities into niche or topic specific such as SEO, photography, Linux etc.
- Option of moderator approval before new user can join the community
- Create a set of guidelines for the community
- Create categories and discussion topics
- Start video hangouts with other community member
- Create events for the group
- Integration search, Gmail, Google Talk and YouTube
- You can invite other members to Join the community
Defiantly they are not as powerful as those of discussion forums and bbs which have been the first choice for participating but still it is great additional feature introduced by Google and its much more powerful as compared to groups from Facebook or yahoo. Share you views about Google+ communities with us.